Monday, November 18, 2013

iPhone 5C Production At Foxconn Factory Scrapped For iPhone 5s



Foxconn is easily one of Apple’s largest suppliers when it comes to the iPhone5. The company has been one of Apple’s go-to suppliers on almost every major project involving the iPhone, and its size and scale make it the perfect manufacturer for Apple’s flagship product.

All of these facts come to mind now that rumors are circulating that Foxconn is going to reduce iPhone 5c production at its factory in Zhengzhou, which is located in northern China. The company is not breaking ties with Apple, but is rather shifting its focus over to the more expensive iPhone 5s. According to a report by DigiTimes, which cites unidentified “industry sources,” Foxconn will be cutting back on production of the iPhone 5c, so that more of the iPhone 5s units can be manufactured and sent out the door.

As of right now, Foxconn handles roughly 30 percent of Apple’s iPhone 5c orders, while the other 70 percent is handled by Pegatron Technology. Pegatron’s production of the iPhone 5c has also been reduced since the device first went on sale in September of this year.


This is the first time ever that Apple has launched two separate iPhone models, with the iPhone 5c coming in a variety of colors and a plastic case. The iPhone 5s sports a much sturdier aluminum casing and is the exclusive device that has the Touch ID fingerprint sensor that allows only the phone’s owner to have access. While the iPhone 5c is cheaper, the more costly model seems to be the favorite with early purchasers. However, several people have predicted that the iPhone 5c will see its own share of success in the long run.